5 tips for using Medicare
- Create your secure Medicare account – Access your information anytime. You can also:
- Add your prescriptions to help you better compare health and drug plans in your area.
- View your Original Medicare claims as soon as they're processed.
- Print a copy of your official Medicare card.
- Review a list of preventive services you're eligible to get in Original Medicare.
- Learn about your Medicare premiums, and pay them online if you get a bill from Medicare.
You’ll need your Medicare Number to create an account. If you don’t have your Medicare card yet, you can log into your secure Social Security account to get your Medicare Number, or call us at 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) for help. TTY users can call 1-877-486-2048.
If you join a Medicare health or drug plan, your plan may offer an online account to track your claims.
- Give Medicare permission to talk to someone you trust – We can’t share any information about your Medicare account, like claims or billing, unless you give us written permission first. Fill out and mail us an authorization form or log into your Medicare account to give us permission to talk to a person you trust (like a spouse, family member, or caregiver).
- Find out if you qualify for help with costs – If you have limited income, you may qualify for help paying costs, like your premiums or for drugs. Find cost saving programs.
- Go digital –You can save and print information anytime for your records. Log into your account to get these items electronically:
- “Medicare & You” handbook – We’ll send you an email with a link to the PDF version. With the PDF version, you can enter search words to quickly find what you want, and print the pages you need.
- Original Medicare claims statements – You’ll get these statements, called Medicare Summary Notices, every month instead of waiting 3 months for them to arrive by mail. Access them anytime in your Medicare account.
- Get your free "Welcome to Medicare" visit – Schedule this free preventive visit with your doctor during your first year with Medicare. You’ll talk with your doctor about your medical history, your health needs, and preventive services that may be right for you.
Explore our helpful tools
Find plans, providers, supplies, & help in your area
Create my account
Access your information anytime, anywhere
Get details on cost saving programs
Get help with paying for health care & drug costs