"Welcome to Medicare" preventive visit
covers a “Welcome to Medicare” preventive visit once within the first 12 months you have Part B.
You pay nothing for the “Welcome to Medicare” preventive visit if your doctor or other qualified health care provider accepts
. The Part B
However, you may have to pay
, and the Part B deductible may apply if:
- Your doctor or other health care provider performs additional tests or services during the same visit.
- These additional tests or services aren't covered under the preventive benefits.
This visit includes a review of your medical and social history related to your health and education and counseling about preventive services, including these:
- Certain screenings, flu and pneumococcal shots, and referrals for other care, if needed.
- Height, weight, and blood pressure measurements.
- A calculation of your body mass index.
- A simple vision test.
- A review of your potential risk for depression and your level of safety.
- An offer to talk with you about creating advance directives.
- A written plan letting you know which screenings, shots, and other preventive services you need. Get details about coverage for screenings, shots, and other preventive services.
When you make your appointment, let your doctor’s office know you would like to schedule your “Welcome to Medicare” preventive visit.