We offer lots of other features to help you throughout your Medicare journey. If you find yourself with questions, visit often – we’re here to help you get answers.
Review coverage options & find plans
- Compare options for how to get your Medicare coverage – Explore the different ways to get coverage and choose what’s right for you. Get price ranges for options in your area.
- Compare plans in your area – Find and compare Medicare Advantage Plans (Part C) , other Medicare health plans , and Medicare drug plans (Part D) in your area. Review their costs and the services they provide. Enter prescription drugs you take to get an estimate of your monthly and yearly cost for each plan.
- Find a Medicare Supplement Insurance (Medigap) policy – Enter your ZIP code to get premium costs and find companies that sell policies in your area.
Get help with drug costs
- Find a Pharmaceutical Assistance Program – Enter your prescription drugs to check if any drug companies offer extra cost savings.
- Check if your state has a State Pharmaceutical Assistance Program – Enter your state to find out if it offers programs to help pay for prescriptions.
- Get Extra Help - If you meet certain income and resource limits, you may qualify for Extra Help. This program helps pay for your Medicare drug coverage, such as plan premiums, deductibles, and costs when you fill your prescriptions, called copays or coinsurance.
- Learn about Medicare Savings Programs - You can get help from your state paying your Medicare premiums. In some cases, Medicare Savings Programs may also pay your other Medicare costs, if you meet certain conditions.
Find services, providers, medical equipment, & suppliers
- Find care providers – Search for and compare providers, like nursing homes, hospitals, doctors, dialysis facilities and other providers. Enter your location to search for local providers and services. To get more personalized results, filter by items that are most important to you, like distance and quality ratings.
- Find medical equipment and suppliers – Enter your ZIP code to find medical equipment and suppliers near you. Check if they work with Medicare.
- Is my test, item, or service covered? – Enter an item, like blood sugar monitors or hospice care, to find out if Medicare covers it. Download our free “What’s covered?” mobile app, available on both the App Store and Google Play.
Talk to someone
Live chat with us, and find local organizations that can help answer your Medicare questions. You can also:
- Call us at 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227). Help from Medicare is available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, except some federal holidays. TTY users can call 1-877-486-2048.
- Contact your local State Health Insurance Assistance Program (SHIP) – Get free personalized health insurance counseling. SHIPs aren’t connected to any insurance companies or health plans.
SHIP staff and trained volunteers work hard to help you with these and other Medicare questions, like:
- Your Medicare rights
- Billing problems
- Complaints about your medical care or treatment
- Comparing and joining plans
- How Medicare works with other insurance
- Finding help paying for health care costs
Do more with your Medicare account
Create your secure Medicare account to access your information, check processed claims, and much more.