Electronic prescribing is a way for prescribers to send your prescriptions electronically and directly to your pharmacy. Prescribers are health care providers who are legally allowed to write prescriptions. Electronic prescribing can save you money, time, and help keep you safe.
- You don't have to drop off and wait for your pharmacist to fill your prescription. Your prescription may be ready when you arrive.
- Prescribers can check which drugs your insurance covers and prescribe a drug that costs you less.
- Electronic prescriptions are easier for the pharmacist to read than handwritten prescriptions. This means there's less chance that you'll get the wrong drug or dose.
- Prescribers will have secure access to your prescription history so they can be alerted to these:
- Possible drug interactions
- Other warnings