Letters about your secure Medicare account
What is it?
These letters confirm actions you took (or you asked us to do for you) regarding your secure Medicare account. We send letters when you:
- Create your new account (or ask us to create your account)
- Ask us to reset your password
- Ask us to close your account
- Ask us to reactivate your closed account
When should I get it?
About 2 weeks after you ask us to make a change for you, or after you create your Medicare account.
Who sends it?
What should I do if I get these materials?
Read the materials carefully as soon as you get them. They confirm recent actions made to your Medicare account. They may include a password for you to log in to access your personal account.
If you didn't take the action (or you didn't ask us to take the action) listed in the letter, call us at 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227) right away. TTY users can call 1-877-486-2048.
Download a sample
- You created your new Medicare account [PDF, 192 KB]
- You asked us to create your new Medicare account
- You asked us to reset your password (and you have an email address listed in your account)
- You asked us to reset your password (and you don't have an email address listed in your account) [PDF, 805 KB]
Reopen a closed account
- You asked us to reopen your account (and you have an email address listed in your account)
- You asked us to reopen your account (and you don't have an email address listed in your account) [PDF, 947 KB]
Medicare account letters