Online bill payment
If you get a "Medicare Premium Bill" from Medicare, there are 4 ways to pay your premium, including 2 ways to pay online:
- Log into (or create) your secure Medicare account — Select “Pay my premium” to make a payment by credit card, debit, card, or from your checking or savings account. Our service is free.
- Contact your bank to set up an online bill payment from your checking or savings account. Not all banks offer this service, and some charge a fee.
Set up online bill payment with your bank
Set up your one-time or recurring payment correctly with your bank. Enter your information carefully, to make sure your payment goes through on time.
Give the bank this information:
- Your 11-character Medicare Number: Enter the numbers and letters with NO DASHES, spaces, or extra characters. Where can I find my Medicare Number?
- Payee name: CMS Medicare Insurance
- Payee address:
Medicare Premium Collection Center
PO Box 790355
St. Louis, MO 63179-0355
- The amount of your payment
The bank might mail a paper check even if you’ve set up an online payment. Why would the bank mail my payment?
Generally, online payments process in 5 business days. If your bank mails a check, it may take longer. Your bank statement will show a payment made to “CMS Medicare.”
If you want to have automatic payments set up that will update if your premium changes, sign up for Medicare Easy Pay. Get details about Easy Pay.
Get help with your online payment
For questions about online payments you set up with your bank: Contact your bank for help.
For returned payments: Make sure your bank has the correct information to make your payment. Then, resend your payment.
For questions about your Medicare bill or if your payment was processed:
- Log into (or create) your Medicare account. Select “My premiums,” then, “Payment history.”
- Call us at 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227). TTY: 1-877-486-2048.