Medicare Easy Pay
Medicare Easy Pay is a free way to set up recurring payments to pay your Medicare premiums. With this service, we’ll automatically deduct your Medicare premiums from your checking or savings account each month.
- Deductions are on the 20th of the month (or the next business day).
- You can sign up for Medicare Easy Pay if you get a bill from Medicare. Get an example of the Medicare bill.
2 ways to sign up for Medicare Easy Pay:
- Log into (or create) your secure Medicare account — Select "My Premiums" and then "Sign Up" to complete a short, online form.
- Fill out, print and mail a paper form
It can take up to 6-8 weeks for your automatic deductions to start. Until your automatic deductions start, you'll need to pay your premiums another way. If we can't set up Medicare Easy Pay for you, we'll send you a letter explaining why. Find other ways to pay premiums.
What happens when Medicare Easy Pay starts?
2 things will happen each month:
- You'll get a monthly statement letting you know the amount we’ll deduct from your bank account. Get a sample of the new statement.
- We'll deduct your premium from your bank account on or around the 20th of the month. Your bank statement will show a payment to "CMS Medicare Premiums."
If your bank rejects or returns the automatic payment, we'll send you a letter explaining why, and tell you how to send your payment to Medicare.
If your premium amount changes, we'll automatically deduct the new premium amount from your bank account.
If your Medicare Easy Pay automatic payment doesn’t go through
If there’s a problem with your bank account: We can’t deduct your premium. Why didn’t my payment go through?
- We’ll send you a letter explaining why.
- You’ll get a Medicare bill the next month, and you’ll need to pay your premium another way. Find other ways to pay premiums.
- Once you pay the full amount due listed on your bill, Medicare Easy Pay will start back up again.
If Medicare Easy Pay doesn’t start: Call us at 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227). TTY users can call 1-877-486-2048.
How to change bank accounts or stop Medicare Easy Pay
There are 2 ways:
- Log into your Medicare account — Select "My Premiums" and then "See or change my Medicare Easy Pay" to complete a short, online form.
- Fill out and mail a paper form — Print and fill out the authorization form. Fill out, print and mail a paper form
If you change your bank account: It can take up to 6-8 weeks before automatic deductions start from your new account. Until then, you may get a bill to pay your premium or your payment may still be automatically deducted from your old bank account.
If you stop Medicare Easy Pay: It can take up to 4 weeks for your automatic deductions to stop.