You can download your Medicare claims data to your computer or device to print it or share it with others. You can also easily share your data with doctors, pharmacies, caregivers, or others you choose by linking to web applications (apps). This optional service, called Blue Button, is secure, reliable, and easy to use.
By linking your data to apps authorized by Medicare, you can:
- Access and share all your Part A (Hospital Insurance), Part B (Medical Insurance), and Part D (Medicare drug plan) claims with doctors and others you choose.
- Manage your health with other computer-based services the apps offer.
- Control your health information.
How do I download my Medicare claims data?
- Log into (or create) your secure Medicare account.
- Select "Download my claims & personal data" from the drop-down menu under your name.
- Complete the short online form to pick the data you want and save the file to your computer as a PDF or TXT file.
How do I share my Medicare claims data?
With Medicare's Blue Button, you pick each app you want to use, sign up for the app, and give it access to your data to share with others. You can log into your Medicare account to change or stop sharing your data with an app at any time.
If you download or share your records, keep the file safe by treating it like banking or other private information you don't want everyone to see:
- Keep your username and password private — don't share it.
- Keep paper copies in a safe and secure place.
- Carefully review any apps or other services they offer before importing your data.