Electronic prescribing is a way for prescribers to send your prescriptions directly to your pharmacy. Electronic prescribing can save you money, time, and help keep you safe.
- You don't have to drop off and wait for your pharmacist to fill your prescription.
- Prescribers can check which drugs your insurance covers and prescribe a drug that costs you less.
- Electronic prescriptions are easier for the pharmacist to read than handwritten prescriptions. This means there's less chance you'll get the wrong drug or dose.
- Prescribers will have secure access to your prescription history so they can be alerted to these:
- Possible drug interactions
- Other warnings