You can drop your
during the Open Enrollment Period between October 15–December 7 each year. The change goes into effect January 1 of the following year.
To disenroll from a Medicare drug plan during Open Enrollment, you can do one of these:
- Call us at 1-800 MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227). TTY: 1-877-486-2048.
- Mail or fax a signed written notice to the plan telling them you want to disenroll.
- Submit a request to the plan online, if they offer this option.
- Call the plan and ask them to send you a disenrollment notice. You’ll have to complete, sign and send the notice back to the plan.
How can I find contact information for my plan?
Generally, you can find your plan's contact information on your plan membership card. Or, you can search for your plans' contact information.
Can I drop my Medicare drug plan outside the Open Enrollment Period?
You can't drop your Medicare drug plan outside the Open Enrollment Period unless you meet certain special circumstances.
Can I rejoin a Medicare drug plan?
You can rejoin a Medicare drug plan in the future. But, if you go 63 days or more in a row without other
- You'll have to wait for an enrollment period to sign up for coverage.
- You may have to pay a late enrollment penalty.