Medigap in Wisconsin
There's only 1 Medigap plan available if you live in Wisconsin.
- The Part A coinsurance or copayment for:
- Inpatient hospital care
- Skilled nursing facility care
- Hospice care
- 175 days of inpatient mental health care per lifetime, in addition to what Medicare covers
- 40 home health care visits, in addition to what Medicare covers
- The Part B coinsurance (generally 20% of the Medicare-approved amount) for medical costs
- 3 pints of blood each year
- Benefits that Wisconsin must offer (known as state-mandated benefits)
Note: Plans known as "50% and 25% Cost-sharing Plans" are available. These plans are similar to standardized Plans K (50%) and L (25%). A high-deductible plan is also available.
Important Plan Information
Insurance companies can add more coverage to the Medigap policy. You may choose any or all of these options to design a Medigap policy that meets your needs:
- Part A deductible
- Additional home health care (365 visits including those paid by Medicare)
- Part B deductible
- Part B excess charge
- Foreign travel emergency care
- 50% Part A deductible
- Part B copayment or coinsurance
Contact your State Insurance Department for more information on these policies.
Next step: Learn how Medigap works