We have several electronic resources to help you manage your health care better.
Free & secure online Medicare account
Create an account to access your Medicare information anytime. You can also:
- Add your prescriptions and pharmacies to help you better compare health and drug plans in your area
- Sign up to get your yearly "Medicare & You" handbook and claims statements, called "Medicare Summary Notices," electronically
- View your Original Medicare claims as soon as they're processed
- Print a copy of your official Medicare card
- See a list of preventive services you're eligible to get in Original Medicare
- Learn about your Medicare premiums, and pay them online if you get a bill from Medicare
Electronic "Medicare & You" handbook (also called the "eHandbook")
The eHandbook is an electronic version of your trusted "Medicare & You" handbook. You can help save tax dollars and paper by switching to the eHandbook. You'll get an email with a link to the online PDF of "Medicare & You" instead of getting a paper copy each fall. If you want to get your next fall handbook electronically, sign up by May 31st.
Follow 3 simple steps to sign up for the electornic version of the "Medicare & You" handbook.
Electronic Medicare Summary Notices (eMSNs)
The eMSN is an electronic version of your Original Medicare claims statements, called a
. If you choose eMSNs, you won’t get printed copies of your MSNs in the mail. You’ll get an email every month when MSNs are available in your online Medicare account, instead of waiting 3 months for a paper copy. With eMSNs, you can:
- Eliminate stacks of paper – save or print only what you need
- Track your monthly claims and costs
- Check your remaining deductible amount
- Catch errors in billing and services
- Help prevent fraud by making sure you’re billed only for the services you’ve gotten
How to sign-up for eMSNs
- Log in to your secure Medicare account (or create an account if you don't have one).
- Select "Get your Medicare Summary Notices (MSNs) electronically" under the "My messages" section at the top of your account homepage.
- You'll come to the "My communication preferences" page where you can select "Yes" under "Change eMSN preference."
Electronic publications (eBooks)
Get electronic versions of Medicare publications. Even when they aren’t available in print, some publications are available in a variety of eBook formats – which means you can download them to your favorite brand of eReader and take them with you wherever you go.