We have several electronic resources to help you manage your health care better.
MyMedicare.gov is a free and secure way for you to:
- Sign up to get other Medicare resources electronically, like Medicare Summary Notices and your “Medicare & You” handbook.
- Check your eligibility, enrollment, and other Medicare benefits.
- View a calendar of your current and upcoming preventive services.
If you don’t have an account, visit MyMedicare.gov, and select “Create an Account.”
Electronic Medicare Summary Notices (eMSNs)
The eMSN is an electronic version of your Medicare Summary Notice (MSN) . If you choose eMSNs, you’ll get an email every month with a secure link to your MSN, instead of waiting 3 months for a paper copy in the mail. With eMSNs, you can:
- Eliminate stacks of paper – save or print only what you need.
- Track your monthly claims and costs.
- Check your remaining deductible amount.
- Catch errors in billing and services.
- Help prevent fraud by making sure you’re billed only for the services you’ve gotten
How to sign-up for eMSNs
You’ll need a MyMedicare.gov account to sign up for eMSNs. Once you have your MyMedicare.gov account, complete these 5 steps between 6 a.m. and 10 p.m. (Eastern Time):
Before you visit MyMedicare.gov, you may want to print a copy of these steps so you can refer to them as you complete each step. Or, you can open MyMedicare.gov in a different web browser or as a new tab in the same browser.
- Visit MyMedicare.gov, and log into your account.
- Select "My Account" from the menu.
- In the “User information” tab, select "Email and Correspondence Settings."
- In the "Electronic Medicare Summary Notices (eMSNs)" area, select "Edit."
- Select "Yes" and then "Submit."
When your eMSN is available, you’ll get an email letting you know that you can view your eMSN at MyMedicare.gov.
Electronic "Medicare & You" handbook (also called the "eHandbook")
The eHandbook is an online version of your trusted “Medicare & You” handbook, instead of the paper copy you get every fall. It’s updated throughout the year, so you’ll never be looking at outdated information. It’s also searchable, so you can find the information you need quickly and easily.
Follow 3 simple steps to sign up for the electronic version of the “Medicare & You” handbook. If you’re not ready to give up your paper copy, you can still visit the eHandbook at any time during the year to get the most current information.
Electronic publications (eBooks)
Get electronic versions of Medicare publications. Even when they aren’t available in print, some publications are available in a variety of eBook formats – which means you can download them to your favorite brand of eReader and take them with you wherever you go.