Your Medicare Coverage
Is my test, item, or service covered?
Transitional care management services
How often is it covered?
Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance) may cover this service if you’re returning to your community after a stay at certain facilities, like a hospital or skilled nursing facility (SNF). The health care provider who’s managing your transition back into the community will:
- Coordinate and manage your care for the first 30 days after you return home
- Work with you, your family and caregiver(s), as appropriate, and your other health care providers
You’ll also be able to get an in-person office visit within 2 weeks of your return home. The health care provider may also:
- Review information on the care you got in the facility
- Provide information to help you transition back to living at home
- Work with other care providers
- Help you with referrals or arrangements for follow-up care or community resources
- Help you with scheduling
- Help you manage your medications
All people with Part B are covered.