Oxygen equipment & accessories
covers the rental of oxygen equipment and accessories as durable medical equipment (DME) that your doctor prescribes for use in your home.
Medicare will help pay for oxygen equipment, contents and supplies for the delivery of oxygen when all of these conditions are met:
- Your doctor says you have a severe lung disease or you’re not getting enough oxygen.
- Your health might improve with oxygen therapy.
- Your arterial blood gas level falls within a certain range.
- Other alternative measures have failed.
If you meet the conditions above, Medicare oxygen equipment coverage includes:
- Systems that provide oxygen
- Containers that store oxygen
- Tubing and related oxygen accessories for the delivery of oxygen and oxygen contents
Medicare may also pay for a humidifier when it's used with your oxygen machine.