Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance) covers E-visits with your doctors and certain other health care providers.
Your costs in Original Medicare
After you meet the Part B deductible , you pay 20% of the Medicare-approved amount for your doctors’ services.
What it is
E-visits allow you to talk to your doctor or other health care provider using an online patient portal to answer quick questions or decide if you need to schedule a visit.
You can get an E-visit with:
- Nurse practitioners
- Clinical nurse specialists
- Physician assistants
- Licensed clinical social workers (in specific circumstances)
- Clinical psychologists (in specific circumstances)
E-visits can be used for the treatment for the Coronavirus (COVID-19) from anywhere, including places of residence (like homes, nursing homes, and assisted living facilities).
Things to know
- You must talk to your doctor or other provider to start these types of visits.
- Medicare also covers virtual check-ins and Medicare telehealth.