Chronic care management services
Medicare may pay for a health care professional's help to manage your health conditions if both of these apply:
- You have 2 or more serious chronic conditions.
- Your conditons are expected to last at least a year.
Chronic care management offers additional help managing conditions like these:
- Heart disease
Services may include:
- At least 20 minutes per month of chronic care management services
- Personalized help from a health care professional to create a care plan based on your needs and goals
- Care coordinated between your doctor, pharmacy, specialists, testing centers, hospitals, and other services
- Phone check-ins between visits to keep you on track
- Emergency access to a health care professional, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week
- Expert help with setting and meeting your health goals
All people with Part B are covered. To get started, ask your health care professionals if they provide chronic care management services.