To check the status of Medicare Part A (Hospital Insurance) or Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance) claims:
- Log into (or create) your secure Medicare account. You’ll usually be able to see a claim within 24 hours after Medicare processes it.
- Check your
Medicare Summary Notice (MSN)
. The MSN is a notice that people with Original Medicare get in the mail every 3 months. It shows:
- All your Part A and Part B-covered services or supplies billed to Medicare during a 3-month period
- What Medicare paid
- The maximum amount you may owe the provider
- Use Medicare's Blue Button by logging into your Medicare account to download and save your Part A and Part B claims information. Learn more about Medicare’s Blue Button.
To check the status of
Medicare drug plan (Part D) , Medicare Advantage Plan (Part C) or other Medicare health plan claims:
- Check your Explanation of Benefits (EOB). Your Medicare drug plan will mail you an EOB each month you fill a prescription, visit a health care provider or file a claim. This notice gives you a summary of your claims and costs. Learn more about the EOB.
- Use Medicare's Blue Button by logging into your secure Medicare account to download and save your claims information. Learn more about Medicare’s Blue Button.
- For more up-to-date claims information, contact your plan.