When your health condition is assessed, skilled nursing facility (SNF) staff prepares or updates your care plan. You (if you're able) and/or your family, or someone acting on your behalf, have the right to take part in planning your care together with the SNF staff. Let the staff know if you want to take part. This helps keep you aware of how the care you get will help you reach your health care goals.
Your care plan may include:
- What kind of services you need
- What type of health care professional should give you the services
- How often you'll need the services
- What kind of equipment or supplies you need (like a wheelchair or feeding tube)
- If you need a special diet
- Your health goal (or goals), and how your care plan will help you reach your goal