Your Medicare Coverage
Is my test, item, or service covered?
How often is it covered?
All people with Part B are covered.
Your costs in Original Medicare
- You pay 20% of the Medicare-approved amount, and the Part B deductible applies.
- If you get an X-ray in a hospital outpatient setting, you pay a copayment.
To find out how much your test, item, or service will cost, talk to your doctor or health care provider. The specific amount you’ll owe may depend on several things, like:
- Other insurance you may have
- How much your doctor charges
- Whether your doctor accepts assignment
- The type of facility
- Where you get your test, item, or service