Multi-target stool DNA tests
Medicare covers at-home multi-target stool DNA tests once every 3 years if you meet all of these conditions:
- You’re between ages 45-85.
- You show no symptoms of colorectal disease including, but not limited to:
- Lower gastrointestinal pain
- Blood in stool
- Positive guaiac fecal occult blood test or fecal immunochemical test
- You’re at average risk for developing colorectal cancer, meaning:
- You have no personal history of adenomatous polyps, colorectal cancer, or inflammatory bowel disease, including Crohn’s Disease and ulcerative colitis.
- You have no family history of colorectal cancers or adenomatous polyps, familial adenomatous polyposis, or hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer.
Your costs in Original Medicare
You pay nothing for these screening tests if your doctor or other health care provider accepts assignment .
What it is
Multi-target stool DNA tests use stool samples to look for signs of colon cancer.