Multi-target stool DNA tests
Medicare covers this at-home multi-target stool DNA lab test once every 3 years if you meet all of these conditions:
- You’re age 50-85.
- You show no symptoms of colorectal disease including, but not limited to one of these:
- Lower gastrointestinal pain
- Blood in stool
- Positive guaiac fecal occult blood test
- Fecal immunochemical test
- You’re at average risk for developing colorectal cancer, meaning:
- You have no personal history of adenomatous polyps, colorectal cancer, or inflammatory bowel disease, including Crohn’s Disease and ulcerative colitis.
- You have no family history of colorectal cancers or adenomatous polyps, familial adenomatous polyposis, or hereditary nonpolyposis colorectal cancer.
How often is it covered?
Your costs in Original Medicare
You pay nothing for this test if your doctor or other qualified health care provider accepts