covers these screenings if your doctor determines you’re at risk for diabetes or you’re diagnosed with pre-diabetes. You may be eligible for up to 2 screenings each year. These lab tests are covered if you have any of these risk factors:
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- History of abnormal cholesterol and triglyceride levels (dyslipidemia)
- A history of high blood sugar (glucose)
Medicare also covers these screenings if 2 or more of these apply to you:
- You’re age 65 or older.
- You’re overweight.
- You have a family history of diabetes (parents or siblings).
- You have a history of gestational diabetes (diabetes during pregnancy) or delivery of a baby weighing more than 9 pounds.
You pay nothing for these tests if your doctor or other qualified health care provider accepts