covers this test once every 24 months (or more often if medically necessary) if you meet one of more of these conditions:
- You’re a woman whose doctor determines you’re estrogen-deficient and at risk for osteoporosis, based on your medical history and other findings.
- Your X-rays show possible osteoporosis, osteopenia, or vertebral fractures.
- You’re taking prednisone or steroid-type drugs or are planning to begin this treatment.
- You’ve been diagnosed with primary hyperparathyroidism.
- You’re being monitored to see if your osteoporosis drug therapy is working.
You pay nothing for this test if the doctor or other qualified health care provider accepts assignment .
This test helps to find out if you're at risk for broken bones.