covers this test once every 24 months (or more often if medically necessary) if you meet one of more of these conditions:
- You’re a woman whose doctor determines you’re estrogen deficient and at risk for osteoporosis, based on your medical history and other findings.
- Your X-rays show possible osteoporosis, osteopenia, or vertebral fractures.
- You’re taking prednisone or steroid-type drugs or are planning to begin this treatment.
- You’ve been diagnosed with primary hyperparathyroidism.
- You’re being monitored to see if your osteoporosis drug therapy is working.
You pay nothing for this test if the doctor or other qualified health care provider accepts
This test helps to see if you're at risk for broken bones.