Your Medicare Coverage
Is my test, item, or service covered?
How often is it covered?
Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance) covers screenings to check for diabetes. Based on the results of these tests, you may be eligible for 2 diabetes screenings each year.
Medicare covers these tests if you have any of these risk factors:
- High blood pressure (hypertension)
- History of abnormal cholesterol and triglyceride levels (dyslipidemia)
- History of high blood sugar (glucose)
Medicare also covers these tests if 2 or more of these apply to you:
- Age 65 or older
- Family history of diabetes (parents, brothers, sisters)
- History of gestational diabetes (diabetes during pregnancy), or delivery of a baby weighing more than 9 pounds