Ways to pay Part A & Part B premiums

If you get Social Security, Railroad Retirement Board (RRB) benefits, or Civil Service benefits, your Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance) premium will get deducted from your benefit payment. If you don't get these benefit payments and you sign up for Part B, you'll get a bill.

If you buy Medicare Part A (Hospital Insurance), you'll always get a bill for your premium. There are 3 ways to pay these bills:

1. Sign up for Medicare Easy Pay, a free service that automatically deducts your premium payments from your savings or checking account each month.

2. Mail your Medicare premium payments to:

Medicare Premium Collection Center
P.O. Box 790355 
St. Louis, MO 63179-0355

3. Pay by credit card. To do this, complete the bottom portion of the payment coupon on your Medicare bill and mail it to the address above.

If you get a bill from the RRB:

Mail your premium payments to:

RRB, Medicare Premium Payments 
P.O. Box 979024 
St. Louis, MO 63197-9000

If you're a Civil Service retiree and NOT entitled to Social Security: 

You may have your premiums deducted from your Civil Service annuity. To do this, send an email to OPMMailbox@cms.hhs.gov

If you have limited income and resources:

Your state may help you pay for Part A, and/or Part B. You may also qualify for Extra Help to pay for your Medicare prescription drug coverage.