- If you pay your premium directly to the plan each month, you're still responsible for paying your premium on time.
- Generally, plans don't change their normal rules for payment of monthly premiums during an emergency or disaster. Your plans may disenroll you if you don't pay your premiums on time.
- Make sure you're still making timely payments on your monthly premiums during an emergency or disaster. Ask your plan about these:
- Signing up for premium withholding from your Social Security check
- Paying the plan by electronic funds transfer through your bank
- You may be able to ask your plan to reconsider its decision and get your coverage back if:
- Your plan disenrolled you for not paying your monthly premiums.
- You didn't pay on time because of the emergency or disaster.
How can I find contact information for my plan?
Generally, you can find your plan's contact information on your plan membership card. Or, you can get your plan's contact information from a Personalized Search (under General Search), or search by plan name.
You can also call us at 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227).