You can generally join one of these Medicare Advantage Plans:
- Health Maintenance Organization (HMO)
- Preferred Provider Organization (PPO)
- Private Fee-for-Service (PFFS)
- Medical Savings Account (MSA) Plan
If all of these apply:
- You live in the service area of the plan you want to join. The plan can give you more information about its service area. If you live in another state for part of the year, ask if the plan will cover you there.
- You have Medicare Part A and Part B.
If you have ESRD, you can enroll in a Medicare Advantage Plan during Open Enrollment (October 15 – December 7, 2020) for coverage starting January 1, 2021. Learn more.