Not all Medicare Advantage Plans work the same way. Before you join, take the time to find and compare Medicare health plans in your area. Once you understand the plan's rules and costs, here's how to join:
- Use Medicare's Plan Finder.
- Visit the plan's website to see if you can join online.
- Fill out a paper enrollment form. Contact the plan to get an enrollment form, fill it out, and return it to the plan. All plans must offer this option.
- Call the plan you want to join. Get your plan's contact information.
When you join a Medicare Advantage Plan, you'll have to give these:
- Your Medicare number
- The date your Part A and/or Part B coverage started
This information is on your Medicare card.
Don't give personal information to plan callers
Medicare plans aren't allowed to call you to enroll you in a plan, unless you specifically ask to be called. Also, plans should never ask you for financial information, including credit card or bank account numbers, over the phone.
No one should call you without your permission, or come to your home uninvited to sell Medicare products. Call 1-800-MEDICARE to report a plan that does this. Learn more about how to prevent Medicare fraud and abuse.