A type of Medicare health plan offered by a private company that contracts with Medicare. Medicare Advantage Plans provide all of your Part A and Part B benefits. Medicare Advantage Plans include:
- Health Maintenance Organizations
- Preferred Provider Organizations
- Private Fee-for-Service Plans
- Special Needs Plans
- Medicare Medical Savings Account Plans
If you’re enrolled in a Medicare Advantage Plan:
- Most Medicare services are covered through the plan
- Medicare services aren’t paid for by Original Medicare
Most Medicare Advantage Plans offer prescription drug coverage.
- Different types of Medicare Advantage Plans
- How to join a Medicare Advantage Plan
- Who can join a Medicare Advantage Plan?
- When can I join, switch, or drop a Medicare Advantage Plan?
- What if my plan decides to stop participating in Medicare?
- What if I have End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)?
- How do Medicare Advantage Plans work?