Getting Medicare is a major milestone. Here’s where you can get the information you need, no matter where you are in your Medicare journey.
5 important facts:
- Some people get Medicare automatically, and some have to sign up. You may have to sign up if you’re 65 (or almost 65) and not getting Social Security.
- There are certain times of the year when you can sign up or change how you get your coverage.
- If you sign up for Medicare Part B when you’re first eligible, you can avoid a penalty.
- You can choose how you get your Medicare coverage.
- You may be able to get help with your Medicare costs.
Things to do now:
Already enrolled in Medicare? Use this checklist [PDF, 142 KB] to make the most of your new coverage. Or, choose any path below to find out more about Medicare, and when and how to sign up: