Information for people like me

Children & ESRD

Read how to get Medicare for a child with End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD) and is on dialysis or has had a kidney transplant.

Getting Medicare if you have a disability

Learn how to get Medicare if you have a disability.

I have a disability

Find out how Medicare works for people who have a disability.

Signing up for Medicare if you have ESRD

Learn how to sign up for Medicare if you have End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD). If you're eligible for Medicare because of ESRD, you can enroll in Part A and Part B by contacting Social Security. Read about when your Medicare coverage will start and the reasons why your coverage could end.

Signing up for Parts A & B outside the U.S.

If you live outside the U.S., you can still enroll in Medicare. Contact the nearest U.S. Social Security office, U.S. Embassy, or U.S. Consulate. Some U.S. citizens living outside the U.S. may have to pay a higher Part B premium.

Special enrollment periods if you get Extra Help

Learn about special enrollment periods for Medicare Advantage Plan or Medicare prescription drug coverage.

Transplant information

Learn about Medicare's coverage of kidney and pancreas transplants, and transplant drugs for children and adults with End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD).

Welcome to Medicare visit

Read about what to expect during your "Welcome to Medicare" preventive visit. Bring to the visit your medical records, family health history, and a list of prescription drugs, over-the-counter medicines, and supplements you are taking. Your doctor will record and evaluate your medical and family history, current health conditions, and prescriptions, and make sure you're up-to-date with preventive screenings and services. Your doctor will give you a plan or checklist with free screenings and preventive services that you need.

I have End-Stage Renal Disease (ESRD)

Learn about Medicare eligibility and coverage if you need regular dialysis or have had a kidney transplant.

I need or get Extra Help / Medicaid

I'm outside the U.S.

Learn about coverage if you live or are traveling outside the United States.