The agencies listed on Home Health Compare
- New home health agencies may not appear on Home Health Compare for several months after being Medicare-certified.
- You can get information about non-Medicare-certified agencies, like Medicaid-certified agencies, by contacting your State Survey Agency, found in Medicare Helpful Contacts under Home Health Agency.
- Home health agencies that accept only Medicaid, private insurance, or direct payment by their patients aren't required to report quality information. Also, agencies that primarily provide care to children and new mothers aren't required to report on quality measures. Therefore, some agencies aren't included on Home Health Compare.
- Because agencies can change the type of payment they accept, make sure to ask about whether the agency you want accepts your type of payment.
- Information on Home Health Compare is provided as a service to help you find and compare Medicare-approved agencies. Medicare doesn't endorse or advertise for any home health agency.