What is it?
If you get this YELLOW notice it means you automatically qualify for
with a retroactive (in the past) effective date because of one of the following:
- You qualify for Medicare and
- You get Supplemental Security Income (SSI).
You'll be automatically enrolled in a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan unless you decline coverage or join a plan yourself.
When should I get it?
You may get this notice at any time.
Who sends it?
What should I do if I get this notice?
- Keep the notice.
- You don't need to apply to get Extra Help.
- If you don't join a plan, Medicare will enroll you in one.
- Compare Medicare Prescription Drug Plans with others to meet your needs.
Download a sample
Get this notice in Spanish [PDF, 577 KB].
Publication, product, or other number
Product No. 11429