Help prevent scammers from using the coronavirus national emergency to commit fraud by following the do’s and don’ts on this page.
- Protect your Medicare Number and your Social Security Number.
- Use a calendar to record all of your doctor's appointments and any tests you get.
- Learn more about Medicare and recent scams.
- Know what a Medicare plan can and can't do before you join.
- Give your Medicare card, Medicare Number, Social Security card, or Social Security Number to anyone except your doctor or people you know should have it.
- Accept offers of money or gifts for free medical care.
- Allow anyone, except your doctor or other Medicare providers, to review your medical records or recommend services.
- Contact your doctor to request a service that you don't need.
There's a census in 2020. Census takers may ask about your home life or relatives, but will never ask your for your Social Security Number, Medicare Number, or any health insurance information.