You can report suspected Medicare fraud in any of these ways
Call us at 1-800-MEDICARE (1-800-633-4227).
- Report it online to the Office of the Inspector General.
- Call the Office of the Inspector General at 1‑800‑HHS‑TIPS (1‑800‑447‑8477). TTY: 1‑800‑377‑4950.
Have this information before you report fraud:
- The provider's name and any identifying number you may have
- The service or item you're questioning
- The date the service or item was supposedly given or delivered
- The payment amount approved and paid by Medicare
- The date on your MSN
- Your name and Medicare Number
- The reason you think Medicare shouldn't have paid
- Any other information you have showing why Medicare shouldn't have paid for a service or item