Your Medicare Coverage
Is my test, item, or service covered?
Health education & wellness programs
How often is it covered?
Medicare generally doesn't cover health education and wellness programs. Medicare does cover:
- Medical nutrition therapy if you have diabetes or kidney disease
- Kidney disease education services
- Diabetes education if you have diabetes
- Counseling to stop smoking and tobacco use
- Alcohol misuse counseling
- Depression screenings
- Obesity screenings and counseling
- A one-time "Welcome to Medicare" preventive visit
- A yearly "wellness" visit