No matter how you get Medicare, you have certain rights and protections designed to:
- Protect you when you get health care.
- Make sure you get the health care services the law says you can get.
- Protect you against unethical practices.
- Protect your privacy.
Details about your rights in Medicare
- Rights & protections for everyone with Medicare
- Your rights in Original Medicare
- Your rights in a Medicare Advantage Plan or other Medicare health plan
- Your rights in a Medicare Prescription Drug Plan or Medicare Advantage Prescription Drug Plan (MA-PD)
- Get help with your rights & protections
- Your right to access your personal health information