If you get a bill from Medicare for your premiums, you may now be able to pay online with a credit or debit card. Use this new feature to pay your premiums for Medicare Part B, Part A (if you have to pay a premium for it), and IRMMA Part D, which is the extra amount in addition to your Part D plan premium (if your income is above a certain amount).
Making your Medicare premium payment online is:
- Secure—your information is protected
- Quick—your payments process in about 3 business days (faster than regular mail)
- Free—we never charge a fee to make a Medicare premium payment
Pay your premium online in 3 easy steps:
- Log in to your secure Medicare account (or create one if you don’t have an account yet).
- Select “Pay my premium.”
- Enter the amount you want to pay. You’ll then be linked to the U.S. Treasury’s secure Pay.gov site to complete your payment.
Using your secure Medicare account gives you information about your Medicare premium bill and Medicare premium payment history. You’ll also get a confirmation number when you make your online Medicare premium payment—that’s peace of mind.
Medicare offers other ways to pay your Medicare premiums, but if you’re looking for a way that’s fast and secure, log in to make your next Medicare premium payment online.