If you get this bill from Medicare for your premiums, you may be able to pay it online with a credit or debit card.
Making your Medicare premium payment online is:
- Secure—your information is protected
- Quick—your payments process in about 3 business days (faster than regular mail)
- Free—we never charge a fee to make a Medicare premium payment
Pay your premium online in 3 easy steps:
- Log in to your secure Medicare account (or create one if you don’t have an account yet).
- Select “Pay my premium.”
- Enter the amount you want to pay. You’ll then be linked to the U.S. Treasury’s secure Pay.gov site to complete your payment.
Using your secure Medicare account gives you information about your Medicare premium bill and Medicare premium payment history. You’ll also get a confirmation number when you make your online Medicare premium payment—that’s peace of mind.
Medicare offers other ways to pay your Medicare premiums online, like using your bank’s online bill payment service, where you can set up automatic payments from your checking or savings account each month. Be sure to check your bill and make updates when your premium rate changes so that you pay the right amount.