Am I eligible to enroll?
If you have Lou Gehrig's disease (ALS), you’re eligible for Medicare Part A (Hospital Insurance) and Part B (Medical Insurance).  

When can I enroll?
You can apply for disability benefits from Social Security or the Railroad Retirement Board (RRB) as soon as you become disabled.  You automatically get Part A and Part B the month your disability benefits begin.  Contact your local Social Security office- Opens in a new window for information about enrollment or to apply.  If you worked for a railroad, call the RRB at 1-877-772-5772.

You get "premium-free" Medicare Part A.  Most people pay a monthly premium for Medicare Part B.  The standard monthly premium for Medicare Part B is PARTB_PREM in PARTB_YR.  Some people pay a higher premium if they don't enroll when they're first eligible.  Calculate my premium.