Who can give me outpatient therapy services?
You can get outpatient therapy from any of these health care professionals:
- Physical therapists
- Speech-language pathologists
- Occupational therapists
Doctors and other health care professionals (like nurse practitioners, clinical nurse specialists, and physician assistants) may also offer PT, SLP, and OT services.
Where can I get outpatient therapy services?
- Offices of privately practicing therapists
- Many medical offices
- Outpatient hospital departments, including those of critical access hospitals (CAHs)
- Rehabilitation agencies (sometimes called outpatient rehabilitation facilities)
- Comprehensive outpatient rehabilitation facilities (CORFs)
- Skilled nursing facilities (SNFs) for outpatients or residents who aren’t in Medicare-certified parts of the facility
- At home, from certain therapy providers, like privately practicing therapists and certain home health agencies (if you aren’t under a home health plan of care)