Information Available on Physician Compare
The information on Physician Compare comes primarily from the Provider, Enrollment, Chain, and Ownership System (PECOS - opens in a new window) and other information sources. The information on Physician Compare is also checked against Medicare claims data.
On Physician Compare, you can find:
- Addresses where the professional sees patients (always confirm the address when you make an appointment; some professionals work at more than one location),
- Primary and secondary specialties,
- Medicare Assignment status,
- Whether the individual or group participates in select Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) quality programs,
- Medical school education and residency information,
- Groups that individuals work with (individual profile) or individuals who work with the group (group profile), and
- Hospital affiliation.