These patients who get home health services aren't required to have OASIS data submitted to the federal government:
- Pediatric home health patients
- Home health patients getting maternity care only
- Home health patients getting non-skilled care only
- Home health patients for whom the payment source is neither Medicare nor Medicaid
Therefore, Home Health Compare doesn't reflect the quality of care provided to these types of patients.
In addition, claims data for these patients who get home health services don't currently identify specific services:
- Medicare beneficiaries enrolled in a Part C (Medicare Advantage) plan
- Medicaid beneficiaries who aren't also enrolled in Medicare
Therefore, the utilization measures based on Medicare claims don't reflect the quality of care provided to these types of patients.