The following patients who receive home health services are not required to have OASIS data submitted to the federal government:
- Pediatric home health patients
- Home health patients receiving maternity care only
- Home health clients receiving non-skilled care only
- Home health patients for whom the payment source is neither Medicare nor Medicaid
Therefore, Home Health Compare does not reflect the quality of care provided to these types of patients.
In addition, claims data for the following patients who receive home health services do not currently identify specific services:
- Medicare beneficiaries enrolled in a Part C (Medicare Advantage) plan
- Medicaid beneficiaries who are not also enrolled in Medicare
Therefore, the utilization measures based on Medicare claims do not reflect the quality of care provided to these types of patients.