Find Out More:
- Ask your doctor, hospital discharge planner, or social worker about the agencies you’re considering. You can also ask friends or family about their home health care experiences.
- Your State Survey Agency, (found in Medicare Helpful Contacts under Home Health Agency), the agency that inspects and certifies home health agencies for Medicare, also has information about home health agencies. Ask them for the state survey report on the home health agency of interest to you.
- In some cases, your local long-term care ombudsman - Opens in a new window and the Eldercare Locator - Opens in a new window may have information on the home health agencies in your area.
- Use a senior community referral service, or other community agencies that help you with your health care.
- Look in your telephone directory in the Yellow Pages under “home care” or “home health care.”
- Learn more about getting home health care.
- Learn more about how Medicare covers home health care.
Visit About the Data for more detailed and technical information about the data used on Home Health Compare.
Use data.medicare.gov to download, filter, or create custom views of the Home Health Compare data.