- Missing from the Web site but are currently a Medicare enrolled provider - no PECOS record
This situation occurs when you are enrolled in Medicare but do not have an enrollment record established in PECOS. You will need to submit an enrollment application in order to be added to PECOS. Updates can be made by using Internet-based PECOS or the paper-based enrollment process.
- Internet-based PECOS:
- You will be able to update your enrollment via Internet-based PECOS
- Complete, sign, and submit the CMS-855I and supporting documentation to your Medicare contractor.
- Fill out sections 1, 2, 3, 13, and 15 based on the identifying information you would like to update.
- In addition to the above sections, you need to fill out section 4 in the CMS-855I to update your practice locations.
- If you reassign your benefits, you must make sure that the CMS-855R form has been submitted and that the group in which they have reassigned your benefits has completed and entered the appropriate practice locations in the CMS-855B form.