Your Medicare Coverage
Is my test, item, or service covered?
How often is it covered?
Medicare Part B (Medical Insurance) covers a:
- Screening mammogram once every 12 months (11 full months must have passed since the last screening)
- Diagnostic mammogram when medically necessary
- Women with Medicare 40 or older are covered
- Women with Medicare between 35-39 can get one baseline mammogram
Your costs in Original Medicare
- Screening mammogram: You pay nothing for the screening test if the doctor or other qualified health care provider accepts assignment
- Diagnostic mammogram: You pay 20% of the Medicare-approved amount, and the Part B deductible applies.